There are many ways to market a business. The writing good content is just one of them. If done correctly, it has the potential to single-handedly generate more leads.
A good content marketing strategy is one of the many effective ways of promoting a business. Every effective content marketing strategy often involves various types of content or blog postings. Below is a list of content marketing examples which are an essential component of your content strategy.
Graphics and Information
Infographics are found everywhere on the web. It is nothing but a combination of relevant images and text put together. Pictures combined with text carry more impact than just text. Images again can be classified into at least 7 types:
- Quote Text
You can easily make images around text quotes which are present in your blog. You may otherwise use relevant quotes.
- Graphs and Statistics
People just love statistics and charts. They are a quickfire way to convey information, as opposed to writing an article on the same. The saying, “A picture is worth a worth a thousand words” definitely holds good here.
- Meme Images
This is another interesting image type. This usually consists of a scene taken from a famous movie, with the actor in a picture, saying a famous dialogue, that is tweaked to validate the point you are making.
There is nothing close to screenshots, especially when you are explaining something to your audience. If you are a web design, graphic art, DIY, or even games website – there is no better way of getting your point across – other than a screenshot. This will invite the audience to see through your eyes and resonate with what you are talking about.
- Custom Graphics
There is nothing better than custom photos when it comes to attracting your audience to your products. For e.g. if you are a restaurant, you may share restaurant interior pictures with relevant description. You may also share pictures of menu items along with their names and ingredients. If you are selling T-Shirts or clothes, the audience obviously doesn’t need Stock photos. They specifically desire photos of your product.
- Humorous Images
Photos are given a suitable caption to achieve humorous results and imminent virility. Funny pictures again have a tendency to go viral. Apart from virility, a dash of humour can actually be humanising; you will be perceived as approachable human beings and not just any other business. These posts can also be shared on twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, Tumblr and Google plus, apart from your blog.
Thus, we can have different types of image postings as part of our content marketing plan or blog to make it more interesting.
Videos are definitely very popular amongst internet users. Every day, about 4 billion videos is watched on YouTube. It has a following of 1 billion people. A motion video expresses a concept more beautifully and when it is combined with voice over and music, it has the ability to inspire people to act on it. You may upload the video to Vimeo, YouTube or Dailymotion. There are again, different types of videos which may add variety to your blog:
- Explainer Video: This video can also be put on your home page, apart from your blog. People love to see introductory videos about your business, your products and services, rather than having to read about it by clicking 3 – 4 different links. This video sets up your value and proposition; the viewer will gauge you based on your video, so make sure it is done professionally.
- Product Demo: You may have a short product demo made for your latest products. Many companies have seen a surge in sales, thus using product videos to their best advantage. The video can even be as simple as removing the cover like it is done in a car launch, or perhaps removal of the wrapper – thus displaying your product to the audience.
- Testimonials: Testimonials are a way of adding a touch of authenticity to your products and services. People would love to see real people speak favourably about how they benefitted from your product, rather than read written reviews.
- How-to Videos: These are a very popular class of videos, and when done rightly they go viral. Your audience loves how to videos, and when you show them how to get what they want, then they will love you. The result? You go Viral!
Relevant Book Reviews
You may read the latest books in your niche subject and post a review of the same on your blog or social media; by doing this on a consistent basis you will gain more knowledge and obviously be regarded as an authority in your respected field.
Invite Customer Reviews
Having customer reviews on your site generates trust. It is always good to have video reviews. But for some reason, if you cannot have them, make sure you have them emailed to you. Also, make sure that the review contains their name and snap, just to prove that they are real people. Positive reviews lead to positive results. However, make sure, that these reviews are a mix of positive and negative ones; and never delete negative reviews. If you have 100% positive reviews on the site, then they will look fake and tailor-made.
Building Top 10 Lists
Produce a list of, “Top-10 or 20 Best or 25 Point Check List”. For example, if you are dealing with body building supplements, you may produce the following lists – to generate engagement. Check out the below examples.
- Top 10 biggest bodybuilders of all time.
- 20 best protein foods for building muscle mass.
The audience is very fond of such lists and they even tend to go viral.
Always provide links to a few other articles in your blog, at relevant places in the blog post. This will make sure that your other blog articles also get traffic and the user feels that he has come to a one-stop-shop for knowledge in that given field.
We can thus use different types of content marketing examples in getting our message across to the right people and can bring valuable inbound traffic and leads. A content marketing strategy should include different types of postings, to resonate with different types of audiences and make an impact.